Monday, June 3, 2013

Timequake by Kurt Vonnegut



Timequake by Kurt Vonnegut

As is well documented, I'm a huge Kurt Vonnegut fan so I was excited to read the last book he published when he was still alive.  It's kind of an odd book with a mix of fiction and semi biographical material that somehow works really well.  The story is about a timequake that everyone including his long time character Kilgore Trout and him are sent back 10 years in 2001 to 1991 where everyone has to do everything exactly the same because it's already happened.  This is sprinkled in with a lot of rants that are true to form with Kurt's signature dark whit and insight.  I think I highlighted more passages out of this short books than the last 10 I've read put together.  He was an absolute genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment