Thursday, June 20, 2013

Audio book- Needful Things written and read by Stephen King




Audio book Needful Things written and read by Stephen King


This is the second book I've listen to by Stephen King that he also read and it was another amazing experience. I couldn't stop listening to it and listened to all 250 hours in a little over a week. The story itself is about a nefarious shopkeeper who opens a shop in Western Maine and almost immediately starts trouble by escalating longstanding small town feuds. I'm not sure I would have liked the book as much as I did if I wasn't one of King's constand readers. Castle Rock has been featured prominently in a lot of his other works, the main protagonist Alan Pangborn was awesome in The Dark Half and there's a strong tie in to the Dark Tower series at the end of the book. It was nice to revisit old friends and familiar places but the key to me was the Dark Tower tie in at climax. I won't ruin it but I'm not sure I wouldn have completely understood it if I wasn't aware of King's the world outside of this book. That being said, this book is still excellent on it's own but if someone wanted to listen to one of King's books and haven't read much of his catolog I'd recommend starting with Bag of Bones because while there are still tie in's they're not really all that important and you'd still get to enjoy listing to King read his own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment