Sunday, June 30, 2013

Movie Review- Man of Steel


Man of Steel

Loved it. Great story and acting. Going into the movie I had seen pictures of Henry Cavill who plays Superman during the movie's publicity tour and I wasn't sold. I was wrong, Cavill did an amazing job with the perfect happy medium between Christopher Reeves and Tom Welling. I'd also heard that the chemistry between him and Amy Adams playing Lois Lane wasn't great and that is a fairer criticism. I thought she did an ok job but she could have played it with more attitude and the romance could have been a lot better. She's gorgeous and the romance wasn't as important as some of her other scenes so I thought she did well overall. Personally I thought the two best performances in the movie were by Michael Shannon who played General Zod and Russell Crowe who played Superman's father Jor-El. Michael Shannon in particular really stole the show for me, he was absolutely brilliant. I was also glad that the story was so good and dark. Lately with a lot of the reboot movies I've been a little bored by the origin's story but this movie handled that really well starting off with Clark as a young adult and covering his childhood through a few well done flash backs. Really enjoyable move and highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment