Monday, June 10, 2013

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Summer finally showing up in Maine was the perfect time to read a good mystery and this one comes highly rated being included on just about every best books of 2012 list. Obviously I had high hopes when I started reading and to me the book left me unsatisfied. In order to avoid spoilers I won't get into too many plot specifics but overall I didn't like either of the 2 main characters, the plot twist was good but too early in the book and then the psychology for behind the ending had me rolling my eyes. I don't expect the plot complexities or prose in literary fiction but I just can't believe how flawed the plot feels to me looking back. Can't say I'd recommend the book and am a little baffled about why it was so highly lauded. Good but far from great.

No comments:

Post a Comment