Sunday, June 30, 2013

Movie Review- World War Z



World War Z

I went to see the movie as a Sunday matinee after finally starting to feel better from a brutal hangover on Saturday. I'd read the book and thought the previews looked really good. Brad Pitt's an actor I like and the zombie effects looked pretty cool. The movie itself just didn't really perform, they did an ok job building tension and it was really cool when the zombies swarmed but overall it never really came together and the last quarter of the movie was pretty boring. I also had a really hard time with the camera constantly jumping around, I was feeling about 95% better but left the movies really nauseous again. Nausea aside, I think the real issues with the movie were not developing characters outside of Pitt's and the story seemed rushed and unorganized. A friend said they could have added 30 minutes and really tied it together a lot better. Ultimately I have to agree. Cool special effects does not make the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment