Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Movie Review: The Dark Knight Rises



**FULL WARNING, MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS DEPENDING ON YOUR DEFINITION**

Went to see the new Batman movie and I was really excited. Loved the first 2 and unlike the mass populous wasn't concerned about terrorists (tragic but statistically unlikely). I love a dark, pissed off Batman filled with ragie justice. After taking a night to think it over I'm pretty disappointed. The last half of the movie was kind of tough. Basically Batman gets his ass handed to him and his comeback is just so unrealistic it's distracting. Bane's voice is also super annoying and hard to understand. Couldn't blame the mask either, Darth Vader was always clear and awesome sounding. Speaking of voices, another thing I didn't get was why Batman still spoke in his crazy low voice when in the suit to people who knew he was Bruce Wayne. The plot left a lot of questions and didn't feel like it tied together all that well. On the positive side, the acting was all great, there were some fantastic twists, lots of cool action sequences, great batman toys & Anne Hathaway looked amazing in her cat suit especially on a Batbike. They also threw in a scene where you could think that she may be bisexual, I'm assuming that and her sexy scenes were done on purpose for all of us nerds (Thank you Mr Nolan!). In the end I think I would have liked this movie a lot more if I hadn't had all the crazy high expectations, no way it could have lived up to them. Sure parts weren't realistic but it's Batman, so what the hell am I complaining about? Definitely entertaining and worth checking out.

1 comment:

  1. Great review!

    I agree with you that this was not the best movie in the trilogy, but still was an fitting end to the trilogy. Chris Nolan ended his trilogy in style.

    Check out my review .

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete