Wednesday, July 11, 2012

In Persuasion Nation by George Saunders


In Persuasion Nation by George Saunders

This is the second collection of short stories by Mr. Saunders and he's truly an original voice. Quirky, smart, silly at times, dark at others, always hilarious and I would assume the biggest writer of "wonk" in the history of the world. Previously I've listened to Joshua Ferris read "Adams" on the New Yorker Fiction podcast and it was my favorite story in this collection. I probably loved it so much because of the podcast but the extra insight I learned added a ton to my enjoyment when I read the story this time. It's a good representation of his style and humor with a ton of sophistication snuck just barely under the surface. If you've never read a Saunders story you should and this collection is a great place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment