Sunday, December 25, 2011

Tell-All by Chuck Palahniuk



Another good but not great book by Palahniuk. This short novel is about an ageing movie starlet from the golden age of Hollywood with her assistant as together they fend off plots to kill her by her new boyfriend so he can publish a scandalous tell all book after her death. Not quite as shocking as some of his other work and could have been a novella as it was so short. I probably would have liked the book more if I knew more of the minor starts of that period in Hollywood history as a lot of the fun was name dropping. Some of my favorite parts were from the fictitious tell all where there was some hilarious writings about sex that had some ridiculous metaphors. Overall I'm not sure I'd recommend it but it wasn't a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment