Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Video games-X-Men Destiny, NHL12 & Madden12

Recently I've been balancing my time a little more than I have in the past where I've still been reading but have been spending more time watching the new fall shows, listening to podcasts & playing video games in my free time. I'll write about podcasts soon as I found some amazing ones but I'd like to write a little about my 3 new video games X-Men Destiny, NHL 12 & Madden 12.



X-Men Destiny
I bought this on a whim as I was slightly hung over and looking for an excuse to stay in all last Saturday. I've read quite a few negative reviews and I definitely get their point, it's a really short game, the story is just ok and the in game decisions don't have a lot of meaningful impact. That being said, I've had a lot of fun with the game after the first run through. There are 3 new mutants that you choose from to play, you give them one of three main powers and then grow your powers. My only real complaints were that the game was too short and I would have like there to have been more areas to fight and gain experience to develop powers. By the end of the game I wasn't able to fully develop my last power which annoyed me. When you clear out a room of bad guys that's it, there are no more random battles. But overall I like it, I think if I was a good gamer it would have been too easy but luckily I'm not that good.



NHL 12
I had been playing NHL 11 and the improvements this year are good but it's really hard if you're not playing with an elite player. I like to play with 1 player in be a pro mode as I like to play with and without the puck. This year they've added where you can play as a legend giving you Jeremy Roenick to start and you have to unlock all the other players. I unlocked Chris Chelios and then realized that when I started playing with him the games & stats didn't carry over so I had to start all over. It's a great game and fun but I'm getting frustrated as I kind of suck at it.



Madden 12
I've played Madden the least so far but it's a great game. Definitely offensive orientated which makes every game a shootout but breaking a tackle for a big gain is one of my favorite things to do. So far I've found myself using running plays way more than I thought. Really fun and can't go wrong if you like football.

No comments:

Post a Comment