Tuesday, July 26, 2011

23 of 30- The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson



The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson

I'm a little tired as I write this because I was up until 3:15 last night finishing the book. I picked it up around 10 figuring I'd pass out around 11 and the next thing I know it's after 1 and I'm committed to the end. It goes without saying that I was pleased with how the series ended despite the fact that overall it was probably the least exciting and most Swedishy book of the three. By Swedishy I mean involving Swedish politics & long runs of hard to pronounce street names. Highly recommend the books for summer reading and don't want to give the impression that it wasn't a great book because it absolutely was. It just was a little slower than the previous two as a big story line was a court drama. I know I've mentioned it in my last 2 reviews of these books but Lisbeth Salander is one of the most interesting main characters I've read in a long time. She's someone who's so smart that she operates far outside of normal social lines. A quick quote fairly close to the end of the book is a small example of why I liked her so much;

"Salander gave him a long look, satisfied herself that he was an idiot, and decided that she would not waste too many seconds concerning herself with his existence."

At some point in the not too distant future I'm going to check out the Swedish movies, be incredibly disappointed with how Lisbeth won't match my image of her and still be genuinely entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment