Thursday, March 21, 2013

World War Z by Max Brooks



World War Z by Max Brooks

This book was recommended by a friend as a potential beginning book for a mans book club. I love the idea of a man book club, whiskey, cigars & manly books. No Jane Austin talk or symbolism. Just and excuse for friends to get together, say if they liked the book and get their drink on. This book however was not my favorite despite it's man book club appeal of a zombie apocalypse with a film on the way. The story was told in the form of interviews from survivors all over the world and I thought it was disjointed, slow and lacking tension. When I read about zombies I want the story to be tense and scary but this book just didn't deliver consistently despite having some good standout stories mixed in. Maybe part of it was because all of the interviews were with survivors so that fact alone dampened some of the tension. I hate to do it but ultimately I wouldn't recommend the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment