Monday, May 16, 2011

Movie review - Rio






Heather, Sky and I went to see Rio this weekend for something fun to do on an otherwise rainy day. I'll have to say I'm not a huge fan. The movie looked good, with the animation really well done and they made Rio look amazing. Especially the Carnival parade. The story itself was a classic love story/coming of age that I won't rehash but the real issue with the movie was that it just wasn't all that funny. Jesse Eisenberg bumbled his way through, Anne Hathaway was technically good but not very memorable & George Lopez was himself as a Toucan that was so himself I thought you could see his eyes bulge. The best actors were Jermaine Clement who was pretty epic as a villainous cockatoo, Will I Am & Jamie Foxx were great as a duo of wise cracking/singing side kicks & Tracy Morgan was amazing a bull dog, unfortunately he wasn't in the movie much.

It's also bugged me for most of the movie who the main female & male characters were based off of. I think it was the mom from the Invincibles and the dad from Coroline but I'm not sure. It makes sense that the animators wouldn't start from scratch but it was still pretty distracting

No comments:

Post a Comment