Saturday, August 3, 2013

Movie Review- The Wolverine



The Wolverine

Last weekend I had some free time and decided to go and spend it watching the new Wolverine movie.  I enjoyed the movie but I can't recommend it unless you're a big Xmen fan.  The movie was well acted and had some great story tie ins from classic comic books but for a casual fan I'm not sure it hit the mark.  The movie mostly takes place in Japan where Logan is brought to say goodbye to a dying man who's life he once saved in WWII.  Obviously he's full of shit and becomes the primary antagonist of the movie while Logan falls in love with his granddaughter who is in danger.  There were some good actions scenes and all the acting was really well done but the story never really came together like it should have.  To me I think it would have been better if there were less plot threads and they concentrated on less things.  This is also a pipe dream but these movies really need to be rated R and more hardcore.  Wolverine should be a ball of rage with really sharp claws.  All in all, if you're a huge Xmen fan or love the Xmen movies I'd check it out, if not I'd give it a pass.


1 comment:

  1. A lot better than I expected it to be, which is saying something. Good review.

    ReplyDelete