Monday, May 7, 2012

Movie Review- The Avengers


I didn't make it to opening weekend for The Avengers but I was close as I just saw it on Monday night. I got a bit of a late start and while I wasn't planning on watching it in 3D I was too late for the standard showing. The movie itself was great and just what I was hoping for. It started off setting up a crisis that caused Nick Fury to get the team together then lots of inter squad drama and a good old fashion good v evil with the earth's survival hanging in the balance to finish it off. All the actors were great, the established actors from the recent movies set the bar high with Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor & Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury but I also really liked the job the new guys did with Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill & especially Mark Ruffalo as Dr. Bruce Banner. The writing was also good with a fun plot that seemed to focus on entertainment rather than character development. Which is good because these characters are all well developed for the nerds and not really needed for non nerds. I don't need to watch Hulk coming to terms with why he's full of rage, I want him to smash things really hard! My only complaint is that I hate dark scenes in 3D as I have a hard time seeing it clearly and it tends to hurt my eyes. I don't have the same issue with brighter scenes with strong color contrast but there were a lot of scenes where I got a little pissed as I couldn't see exactly what was going on. Luckily the huge action sequence at the end was during the day so I could see it fine. My only non legitimate complaint is that the guy sitting behind me was a loud tool bag.

All in all my recommendation is to go see it and kick off summer with a fun movie!


PS. Scarlett Johansson & Cobie Smulders have pretty eyes


No comments:

Post a Comment