Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The New Yorker


I was given a subscription of The New Yorker as a gift from Heather's sister this Christmas and was ecstatic. I've always been a big fan of the fiction as they consistently seem to have the best stories published in anthologies and I've read them off and on for years. So far all of the stories in 2012 have been great and a great way to break up the long book series I'm working through. Today I just found out that the subscription includes access to every magazine they've ever published online in their archive. I was a little disappointed by the piece published on my birthday in 1977 but loved that it was there. The best part of the issue was all the 70's ads, I'm pretty sure that was the decade ruled by pimps. As I mentioned in a previous post the fiction podcast is one of my favorite past times and having access to the archives will be a great way to explore some of the authors they choose to showcase especially those out of print. With all this awesome reading/podcasting going on Deborah Treisman, the fiction editor has firmly cemented herself as a legit celebrity crush pushing Kim Kardashian out of my top 5. (In no particular order it's currently Deborah Treisman, Shakira, Stacy Dash, Deborah Ann Woll & Sofia Vergara). If I were to participate in one of those dumb ice breakers where you're asked if you could have dinner with anyone who would it be, I'm pretty sure it would be her. I can't currently think of anyone who would have the same take on the world and would love to pick her brain about books.

No comments:

Post a Comment