Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


I finally caved and read this book after a lot of hesitation and it was ok. What convinced me to read it was the movie preview they showed at Sherlock Holmes that looks really good. Heather and I figured we'd both want to read the book before seeing the movie and I've been reading a lot of literature lately and figured I could use some lighter fun reads. I can see why this was so popular and why it'll make a really fun movie but the book was just ok to me. I would have preferred a slightly subtler hand at times but the overall story was good. My favorite books for teens read as adults were the Harry Potter series, the Tiffany Aching series by Terry Pratchett and a few of Neil Gaiman's books. What I loved about those and didn't love about this is that those books used simpler language but didn't feel dumbed down at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment