Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Paris Review Book of Heartbreak, Madness, Sex, Love, Betrayal, Outsiders, Intoxication, War, Whimsy, Horrors, God, Death, Dinner, Baseball...




The Paris Review Book of Heartbreak, Madness, Sex, Love, Betrayal, Outsiders, Intoxication, War, Whimsy, Horrors, God, Death, Dinner, Baseball, Travels, The Art of Writing, and Everything Else In The World Since 1953.


Now this is an anthology! Weighing in at 890 pages it included stories from absolute legends in the literary world covering all the topics listed in the insanely long title. I've been reading this off and on since the beginning of September as I was mixing it in between other things. I started to write my favorite stories but there were way too many of them and I started to bore myself. So what I'll say instead is that literally every piece is fantastic, some I didn't connect with as much as other but there's not a single mediocre piece. Lot's of authors in there I've wanted to read but hadn't gotten around to yet which is always fun. I was kind of surprised that I liked the art of writing pieces in here as much as I did. As someone who is just a reader with no ambition to write I figured there wouldn't be much that I'd get out of them but they were all insightful and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment