Monday, August 8, 2011

Movie Review- The Smurfs in 3D



Heather, Sky and I spent a rainy Sunday afternoon watching The Smurfs in 3D. While I remember watching and liking the smurfs as a kid they don't have the same nostalgia for me as say Transformers, Thundercats or Voltron. I was looking forward to it as the previews looked good and Neil Patrick Harris being in it was a great sign as he's been choosing great parts to play in the last few years. The movie was a good kids movie, funny with a lot of adult humor mixed in. Neil Patrick Harris & his on screen wife played by Jayma Mays were both just ok despite high expectations. Hank Azaria played Gargamel and was amazing. I'm a huge Hank Azaria fan from back in the day with his roles in The Bird Cage, The Simpsons, Along Came Polly, etc, etc. He was hilarious as Gargamel, doing a lot of small things that added up to him stealing the show. As you can see he really looked the part;



The voice actors were all good and while I could tell George Lopez played Grouchy & Katy Perry played Smurfette a lot of the others came as a complete surprise. Alan Cummings played Gutsy showing off his natural yet enhanced Scottish accent, Fred Armisen played Brainy, Jonathan Winters played Papa & Anton Yelchin played Clumsy although I'm still not sure I know who he is.

My only real disappointment with the movie was that Sofia Vergara wasn't in more scenes. She not only had the funniest line in the movie as she's genuinely hilarious but she's absolutely one of the most beautiful actresses out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment