Friday, April 22, 2011

The Dali Museum

The Dali Museum was amazing. There were over 170 pieces and they were all fantastic. Well not the early stuff, that was just ok. I also wasn't a huge fan of the bread painting even though it was his first internationally famous painting. Pretty boring. I loved all his surrealist paintings and Sky was particularly fond of the one that looks like Abraham Lincoln from far away and a picture of his wife Gala nude looking out a window from close up. Heather and I were also big fans of the names of Dali's paintings, who knew the guy was hilarious? Unfortunately photography was prohibited in the gallery but we still managed some cool shots of the rest of the museum.



The building is brand new, they opened it on 1/11/11


Dali mustache


Dali mustache ladies


Group mustache shot


We were told every triangle of glass was slightly different


Sky and Heather overlooking the bay


Little Bit and I


This bench was pretty amazing


Little Bit relaxing on the bench


Heather and I walking through a botanical maze outside the museum, I missed the perfect shot but I still like it

No comments:

Post a Comment