Saturday, January 12, 2013

Movie Review: Les Miserables


I saw Les Miserables a couple days ago and loved it. I'd never seen the musical, didn't know the music much and only had a little knowledge about the story itself so I was excited to see the movie with no expectations. The story is set in 19th century France at the time of Napolean's defeat at Waterloo and revolves around an ex convict Jean Jaljean played by Hugh Jackman. He is pursued by a lawman Javer payed by Russell Crowe. All the actors were fantastic but especially those tho and I hope they get rewarded with at least Oscar nominations. Sasha Baron Cohen & Helena Bonham Carter where also amazing playing a couple of crooks and provided some of my favorite comic relief scenes in the movie. The music was fantastic, the action well paced and as I mentioned all the acting was fantastic. Sad at times, funny at others I absolutely loved it and would highly recommend seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment