Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Les Miserables by Victor "Long Winded" Hugo




Les Miserables by Victor "Long Winded" Hugo

This review is going to be really short. I've been reading this book off and on for months and it honestly feels like an accomplishment that I finished it.  My frustration with the book all comes down to style as I loved the plot, loved the characters but the long winded writing style was brutal.  Brutal.  I'm pretty sure that what Hugo loved more than anything else in the whole wide world was God, 15 paragraph metaphors, French history, God and 50 pages minimum of pure rambling about every single minor person, place or thing.  I understand why this book has survived all these years it is really good but christ on toast the guy could out talk a teenager on a sugar binge....

No comments:

Post a Comment