Friday, March 4, 2011

Sony Vaio Laptop


After completing my taxes a couple days ago I decided to finally purchase a laptop. I've wanted one for a while now but haven't wanted to add any debt. Heather's brother Tete helped me out as he works for the Geek squad and is an all around good guy. Tete said that he rarely sees Sony's come back so that was good enough for me.

My computing needs are pretty basic, I like fantasy sports, streaming things to watch like hockey fights, shows, movies, music videos, I also like sites like Amazon, Ebay, Barstool sports as well as other fun Internet activities like google image searching Kim Kardashians booty for example. Offline it's nice to be able to write things using word, my budget is done with excell but outside of that I use computers for very little else. Games can be fun but I'm not all that into them, if I can play Knights of the Old Republic II I'll be pretty happy but have given up hope as the last computer I bought I was promised it would work but was lied to. The long and the short of it is that I don't need a hell of a lot of processing power but would like to have some in case I change my mind.

In the end I bought a Sony Vaio that has;
-2.4ghz Intel i3 Processor
-15.5" Display
-4GB Memory
-320GB Hard Drive

I've only played with it for one night but so far so good. It's fast & the display is amazing. Battery life seems pretty good and it hasn't gotten too hot. I like that it has an HDMI output in case I want to hook it up to my tv. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of so far is the sound as the built in speakers suck. I need to go through my stuff and find some headphones, I know I have a couple nice pairs somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find them.

At this point I'm excited about the purchase and hope I stay that way.


****UPDATE 5/2/11****
Still love the laptop and it's working like a champ, knock on wood. Battery is still strong & the machine is still fast. Love the HDMI out as I use it to stream shows/movies on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment